David G Crell
One of the most enjoyable parts of being a lawyer is combining my genuine interest in others with my passion for helping people and fixing situations.
Most people seem to have headaches in a few key areas. That’s why I focus on the fields of family law (divorce, visitation, guardianships, etc.), business law (business formation, law suits, breach of contract, etc.), real estate law and personal injury (car accidents, slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and other acts of negligence).
I started my career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I “paid my dues” in busy courtrooms and I have successfully performed more jury trials in 5 years than most lawyers get to do in a lifetime. How does this help you? In order to be successful, a lawyer has to know more than just the law. A good lawyer knows how to persuade. Many, many lawyers spend their careers behind a desk. I spend my time in the trenches. I apply this unique set of skills and experience to my clients’ cases. I take the time to fully understand my clients’ needs and how to deliver the best result whether inside or outside the courtroom.
Why should you hire me?
I work hard for my clients. I am your advocate and I will work diligently to reach your goals. I will also give you an honest assessment of your situation and help you plan accordingly.
I also pride myself on customer service. I keep you in the loop, I return phone calls, and I am available. You won’t feel like you are just a case file with me. I care about you and your situation.
Please feel free to call me to help with your legal matters. I look forward to working with you.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law, Business Law, Personal Injury, Litigation
- Indiana, 2009
- Supreme Court of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 05/2009
- Major: Litigation/Trial Practice
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 08/2006
- Major: Anthropology
- Major: Political Science
- Georon Harris v. State of Indiana, 19 N.E.3d 298, 2014, Indiana Court of Appeals
- BKM Real Estate | www.bkmrealestate.com
- BKM Auction Company | www.bkmauction.com
- Meyer Renovations | www.meyer-renovation.com
- Kaylah's Cupcakes and Confections | www.kaylahscupcakes.com
- Wells County Land Title | www.wclt.us/
- Prosecutorial Ethics, Indiana Prosecuting Attorney's Council
- Clinic - Trial Practice, Manchester University
- Family Law Bootcamp, National Business Institute, 12/18/2017 to 12/18/2017
Honors and Awards
- Top Lawyer - Fort Wayne Monthly
- 10 Best Lawyers for Client Satisfaction - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wells County Bar Association, President, Present
- Wells County Boys and Girls Club, Board of Directors, 2015 to 2016
- Bluffton NOW, Board of Directors - Vice President, Present
- Wells County Domestic Violence Taskforce, Present
- American Inns of Court , 2009 to 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Allen County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, 2010 to 2014
- Tourkow, Crell, Rosenblatt & Johnston, Law Clerk, 2008 to 2008
- Lambda Chi Alpha